Monday, June 9, 2008

A Practice Shot

I've been in Oklahoma City for a week now teaching a summer workshop for teachers. After a trip to the zoo (pictures to be posted in the near future), I decided that updating my camera wouldn't be the worst thing to do. After all, I am working during my summer break and I deserve a present of sorts. :) Now, my new camera isn't one of those semi-professional things that I wouldn't have even a clue to use, but it's still a bit more advanced than my old Kodak EasyShare. Personally, I am just thrilled that they make a camera for people like me who have naturally shaky hands and the camera steadies the shot so it doesn't blur--as much. Here are a few practice snapshots that I took today out on Lake Hefner in OKC. I'm still figuring out the flash, coloring, etc.







4 comments:

Jana Swartwood said...

WOW! Those are gorgeous! What's it like out there by Lake Hefner?

Becky Davis said...

We should have gone out there this past weekend. It's a super-long trail, probably longer than we would have wanted to walk. The lake itself is beautiful, and there are a few restaurants right there on the lake.

Christie said...

HEY! You didn't say what kind of camera you got!

AND...that lighthouse is awesome! I love the photo with the great sky view.

Becky Davis said...

I got a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC H-10. I like it because it seems to have made all the difference in my perceived ability to take pictures. I had my fair share of blurry ones still, but my hand still shakes. :)